Synctunes wireless is an iTunes to Android syncing application that allows you to synchronize iTunes library to your android device over WiFi.
Synctunes for android
Use the following link to install on your android tablet/mobile (if you’ve already installed on your tablet/phone then ignore it)
After you’ve downloaded and installed Synctunes desktop on your computer it should be easy to connect with your phone and start syncing. If you are confused you can continue reading this page further down to see how to make it work.
- Sync Podcasts from your iTunes on PC/laptop to android tablet/mobile.
- Sync Music tracks from iTunes on PC/laptop to android tablet/mobile.
- Sync Videos from iTunes on PC/laptop to android tablet/mobile.
- Sync your playlists from iTunes to android tablet/mobile.
- Sync album art
- Organizes songs in android tablet/mobile by artist/albums
- You can filter your tracks to be synced (by size, length , date etc)
Copy protected (DRM) tracks may not be synced because they are protected by copy rights and synctunes does not remove such restrictions.
On your android you just need to open the app and note the IP address and port numbers for your android. This IP address and port number is used to connect from Synctunes desktop app to Synctunes wireless mobile app
Synctunes install on Windows (Mac users skip to next section)
Now its time to install the Synctunes desktop on your computer where your iTunes library is present. Synctunes desktop is completely free and the Installation on computer is done only the first time you sync. After that you will go to programs->Syncutnes Desktop app and open it
If you are reading this on computer click on the link at the top of this page to download the Synctunes desktop installer
Ignore any warnings displayed by the browser. In the following screen shot the app was downloaded via Google chrome, it shows a warning. Click the arrow on the right and click keep.
Now run the set-up by double clicking it. Windows will show you a message box shown below, just click run
- This will start the setup for Synctunes Desktop app as shown in the screen shot below
- Follow the wizard to setup installation, after the install is complete the Synctunes Desktop will start automatically. It will launch iTunes automatically if it is not running already and then show a screen to enter the mobile IP and port number.
- Enter the IP and port as it was shown on the Synctunes wireless mobile app. In our example the IP 192.168.1.64 and port 4444 was shown in the Synctunes wireless app so we enter the same values and press OK. In your case the values might be different. If any problem occurs it will show you a message in the text area. If you enter correct values the main window will show up as seen below.
- In the Synctunes desktop app you can select your favorite playlists and press the sync button. This will show you a message box before making any changes to mobile.
- Confirm the sync message by clicking Yes, this will start synchronization with your mobile. If you click No, no content will be sent to your android. The progress will be shown on the window. It is important that Synctunes wireless mobile app is not stopped while you sync your music, stopping Synctunes wireless mobile app will stop the Desktop app’s synchronization process. When synchronization is complete you can quit the Synctunes wireless app on your mobile and Synctunes Desktop app on your compute and open your favorite music player in your andoird phone and play the music.
Synctunes install on macbook
Now it is time to install the Synctunesmac on your macbook where your iTunes library is present. Synctunesmac is completely free and the Installation on macbook is done only the first time you sync, for syncing music in future you only open the synctunesmac from your applications on macbook and sync easily with your android. If you are reading these instructions on macbook please click on the link at the top of this page to download the Synctunesmac installer After successful installation you will see the following message. The nesxt step is to open synctunesmac app from your macbook applications. Synctunesmac app asks for the ip and port to connect to android. You can open the synctunes mac on your android and see the relevant ip and port. Type them in the synctunesmac and click connect. Alternatively if synctunesmac auto detects your android device then it will show your device in the auto detected devices box. You can click that and then click the connect button. In the box on the left it will show your existing playlists as you have created in iTunes. You can drag and drop them to the box on the right side. Once you have drag dropped your chosen playlists, you can then press the sync button and it will start syncing your playlists and their music with your android device. After sync is successfully compete the success message will be displayed. The sync can take a while for the first time but subsequent syncs will be much quicker. Please ensure that every time you sync you keep your playlists in the box on the right side. If you remove them from the sync box and then sync with android, the playlists that do not show in the sync box will be unsynced from your android device. When the sync is complete open android phone or tablet and you can use any music player of your choice to play your music. You can now quit/exit synctunes on your macbook and android.